ok checked the debian package and seems pretty outdated..
debian are on 1.0.16 respect 1.1.X from current series on upstream..

Debian move away from FAM to Gamin on 1.0.15 and stabilize on 1.0.16-3
those changes are not so great just focus on gamin, upstream on 1.1.X
moved to inotify
so then yes debian packages still uses fam/gamin unfortunately

> PICCORO McKAY Lenz writes:
> > > The current versions can be built directly to installable .debs from the
> > For you SAM unfortunatelly this will break many things on debian for
> My .deb packages are not upgrades. They are alternate builds.

In your packages, your configuration separates too many packages into
various configurations without taking into account if there are changes,
for example courier-webadmin-apache2 but I don't see for lighttpd or nginx
that they are much more efficient than the fat apache2,
and even so the package just places the configurations
but does not take into account if it was altered in updates or upgrades ..

as owrse, if there a system upgrade (mayor with stdlib and libc6 linking) your
packages totally do not handle this as mooth, just we must complety
removed to again reinstall

Sam, debian packages follow standards to integrate into the system,
taking into accoutn the mayor and minor upgrades.. very valuable for
production sites..

In conclusion your packages are more "easy to produce" rather than
"easy to manage in upgrades",
especially major upgrades when the whole system changes..  I hope you
understand.

Robert, your patch may help stable packages but noted the obtuse position of SAM
i will try to made backports in venenux repositories for older release
in some weeks..

NOTE ABOUT MAILDROP AND WEBADMIN: those are provided,
maildrop just packages separatelly, and webadmin in build in.
webadmin is just a cgi-bin a separate package for that is unnecessary
but maildrop need helps and clarifications, cos seems way-builds
affects the behaviour..