On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 10:27:04PM -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Is there a diagram anywhere that shows the priorities of various delivery
> decision making routines?
>
> In particular, if I put an instruction using webadmin into
> /etc/courier/aliases/webadmin which says
>
> @foobar.com: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is not going to work.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be rewritten as
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@localhosthostname, which is not going to get very far.

Order is straightforward.  Of user@domain matches an alias exactly, the
original address is replaced by all the aliased recipients, verbatim.
Otherwise if @domain matches an alias exactly, the virtual domain alias
rewriting takes place, which always ends up with a local address that must
exist -- if it doesn't the recipient is bounced.

If user@domain matched an alias, the aliased recipients' domains are checked
whether they're local/hosted; and if user@domain did not match at all,
the domain is checked if its local/hosted, and things go from there.

--
Sam