Just to throw in my $0.02.  I started out with just the IMAP portion
mostly because I didn't know there was an MTA, POP, maildrop, etc...  I
now have two sites running the full suite.

I certainly understand people not wanting to wade through email they
think is off topic, but I think there should be one list for the
following reasons:

1) People only using one component of the suite will be exposed to the
other pieces and may decide to learn more.

2) Because of the modularity of this software, issues arrising with
things like authdaemon, couriertcp, etc. raised in the context of the
MTA or POP servers would also be relevant to IMAP and vice versa.

-andy