I am trying to install vpopmail and courier and debian.  For some reason the debian
.deb file to not create the authvchkpw, that I need for courier to authenticate
against vpopmail.  And when I try to do it manually I am running into tons of
problems.  Example:

If I use the vpopmail.deb then it does not give me the *.deps, so then I tried
installing the vpopmail-5.2.tar.gz.  But after doing this when I go to compile courier
I get this message:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create
executables.

Now I know that the C compiler works, because right before installing vpopmail i got
signifigantly farther trying to install courier, but like I said it still died on me.
It was looking for the vpopmail binaries, which the .deb package did not install.

Would it be possible to just use someone else's authvchkpw, or does courier need to be
built with that as an option.  Further if I could use someone else's would anyone here
be willing to email me a copy of theirs?

Thank you.

Michael
zz&j)b
b(b,y+޵I칻&ކilqzlX)ߣ(