On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 04:51 AM, Bj�rn Patrick Swift wrote:
> I'm having trouble installing the courier-imap with mysql support from > the FreeBSD ports collection. I have tried this on a number of > machines, running 4.5-RELEASE, 4.5-STABLE and 4.6-RELEASE - but without > any luck. I ran make with the WITHOUT_OPENSSL and WITH_MYSQL options > and the configuration process realized that I needed the mysqlclient.10 > library and compiled that. > > The Courier-IMAP INSTALL file states: "Running make compiles the > authinfo program in the authlib subdirectory. This program tells you > what authentication modules were compiled." But once I ran the authinfo > program I got nothing referring to mysql: > > # work/courier-imap-1.4.3/authlib/authinfo > AUTHENTICATION_MODULES="authdaemon" > AUTHDAEMONMODULELIST="authcustom authuserdb authpam" > SASL_AUTHENTICATION_MODULES="CRAM-SHA1 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN" > > Are there any FreeBSD users here that have had a similar problem, or > perhaps someones that have installed courier-imap with mysql support > fine from the ports collection? > In your make output you will see: checking for mysql_config... no the freebsd mysql323-client port of mysql does not install the mysql_config script. all mysql_config does is output CFLAGS and LIBS for use in situations like this where you are building against the mysql libs (gtk and others have scripts of this nature as well). for some reason unbeknownst to me, this is included with the mysql323-server port but not in the mysql323-client port. you might want to ask [EMAIL PROTECTED] about this. if you still want to use the ports system, you can use the attached patch. note that i haven't tried this, but it should work. as for myself, i build the whole thing from source, and i would suggest the same to you. ./muk
hack.patch
Description: Binary data
-- m. kolb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
This message has been sanitized.
Fixed invalid/unusable part encoding.
See http://tabby.cl.msu.edu/sanitizer.html for more information.
