On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Mark Lehrer wrote:

>  I have a user with Outlook Express 6 who is having a weird problem.
>  Until last week he was using CommuniGate with no trouble.  I switched
>  him to Exim+Courier (IMAP) and now, when he marks messages for
>  deletion they show up again as new messages after a few minutes.
>
>  This problem does not happen if he uses Mozilla.  Also, closing OE
>  causes the messages to stay away.
>
>  Any clue what might cause a problem like this?  This is a weird
>  problem.

Microsoft hasn't quite grasped how IMAP works. What you're seeing is the
effect of OE doing local caching of the messages (it's probably only
message headers, haven't looked into this), and not synching with the IMAP
store often enough.

Patience, and use the "purge" button often. You can try setting the
synchronization to "All messages", and shorten the "Check for new
messages" time period.

It's very annoying, I agree.

--
Juha Saarinen