On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:26:47 -0500
> From: Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [courier-users] Re: $LOGNAME undefined in maildroprc
>
> Randy Smith writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm running maildrop in delivery mode and using a the global config file
> > 'maildroprc'. I'm trying to use $LOGNAME to get the user the message was
> > delivered to but it seems to be undefined.
> >
> > courierd:
> > DEFAULTDELIVERY="| /usr/local/bin/maildrop -V 2"
> >
> > mildroprc looks like this:
> > import LOGNAME
> > logfile "/var/log/maildroplog"
> > log "Hello the log: $LOGNAME
> >
> > I have tried it with and without 'import LOGNAME' and there is no
> > difference. Do I need to specify '| maildrop -d user' in the mail field
> > for my virtual users?
>
> And you verified that LOGNAME exists in the original environment exactly
> how?
>

http://www.courier-mta.org/maildropfilter.html states that LOGNAME should
contain the "Name of the user to who the message is being delivered."

RECIPIENT seems to contain what I wanted so I'm using that for now.
RECIPEINT is not mentioned in the mailfilter man page. Are the docs on the
web site up-to-date?

-- 
Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Systems Administrator
1-719-589-6100 x 4185
http://www.amigo.net/



-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility 
Learn to use your power at OSDN's High Performance Computing Channel
http://hpc.devchannel.org/
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to