Randy Smith writes:

> mildroprc looks like this:
> import LOGNAME
> logfile "/var/log/maildroplog"
> log "Hello the log: $LOGNAME
>
> I have tried it with and without 'import LOGNAME' and there is no
> difference. Do I need to specify '| maildrop -d user' in the mail field
> for my virtual users?

And you verified that LOGNAME exists in the original environment exactly
how?

http://www.courier-mta.org/maildropfilter.html states that LOGNAME should
contain the "Name of the user to who the message is being delivered."
The man page also states that:

ery mode, if the -d flag was not used, or if it specifies the same
userid as the one that's running maildrop, the following variables are
automatically imported from the environment: HOME, SHELL, LOGNAME and
MAILDIRQUOTA. These environment variables are initialized by Courier

You're also explicitly importing LOGNAME from the environment, which would override maildrop's internal LOGNAME even if these stated prerequisite conditions were not made.

Again: verify the LOGNAME environment variable's contents, prior to invoking maildrop.

RECIPIENT seems to contain what I wanted so I'm using that for now.
RECIPEINT is not mentioned in the mailfilter man page. Are the docs on the
web site up-to-date?
They are. RECIPIENT is not initialized by maildrop. The environment variable is initialized by the mail server (Courier or Qmail).



-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility Learn to use your power at OSDN's High Performance Computing Channel
http://hpc.devchannel.org/
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to