Greetings.

I am trying to build rpms from the courier-imap 1.7.3 source.  I am building 
as a non-root user and have created a build environment and an .rpmmacro file 
for this user as described in the FAQ.  I'm on a stock install of red hat 9.0 
and running postfix as my MTA.  I execute the following command:

$ rpmbuild -ta --buildroot /home/courier/rpm courier-imap-1.7.3.tar.bz2

The sanity checks all fail with similar messages:

INFO: LOGIN, user=user, ip=[127.0.0.1]
ERR: Failed to create cache file: maildirwatch (user)
ERR: Error: Input/output error
ERR: Check for proper operation and configuration
ERR: of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd).

So, I am thinking that because the sanity check failure causes the build to 
fail, I need to fiddle with the courier-imap.spec and change the parameters 
for configure.  Here's the ones generated from the default spec file:

./configure' --prefix=/usr/lib/courier-imap  '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 
'--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' 
'--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr/lib/courier-imap' 
'--exec-prefix=/usr/lib/courier-imap' '--bindir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/bin' 
'--sbindir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin' 
'--sysconfdir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/etc' 
'--datadir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/share' 
'--includedir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/include' 
'--libdir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/lib' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var/run' 
'--sharedstatedir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/com' 
'--mandir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' 
'--with-authdaemonvar=/var/run/authdaemon.courier-imap' 
'--enable-unicode=iso-8859-1,utf-8' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -march=i386 
-mcpu=i686' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 
'target_alias=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' 
--with-authchangepwdir=/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/authlib --with-db=gdbm 
--with-userdb=/etc/userdb 
--with-makedatprog='/usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/makedatprog' 
--with-mailuser=root --without-socks --with-authchangepwdir=/var/tmp/dev/null 
--with-package=courier-imap --with-version=1.7.3 --cache-file=/dev/null 
--srcdir=.

When I run configure from the command line, I get the following warnings:

        configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
        configure: WARNING: invalid host type: ./configure

Given that the rpm build "saves you the headaches of manually compiling the 
code..." (docs) I'm surprized that the generated configuration scripts are 
not working for me.

Has anyone built rpms lately? 

Anyone have a workaround or patch or suggestion?  The FAQ and INSTALL files 
don't give suggestions for failed rpm builds.

I'm hoping to avoid the painstaking trial-and-error approach to editing the 
courier-imap.spec file to get the rpm to build.  Better yet, how about some 
binary rpms?  ;)

Thanks for suggestions.
Jeff


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: eBay
Get office equipment for less on eBay!
http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-11697-6916-5
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to