On Wednesday 03 September 2003 16:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> --On Mittwoch, 3. September 2003 15:20 +0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
wrote:
> > Hi all.
> > I'm running courier's webmail, and have noticed that over time I am
> > gaining a collection of processes hanging round on the server. 
> > Witness: # ps -ax | grep web
> > 5793  ??  Z      0:00.00  (webmail)
> > 5832  ??  Z      0:00.00  (webmail)
> > 14574  ??  Z      0:00.00  (webmail)
>
> [...]
>
> The latest Apache 1.3.28 in combination with suexec/setuid
> would explain the phenomena, but you cant really expect a
> solution without providing any details.
>
> Roland
>

Sorry Roland - here's some more detail:

FreeBSD 4.8
Apache 1.3.28
Courier 0.39.3

So you mentioned this version of Apache with suexec/setuid.  This is a 
bit beyond me.  Where can I read up a bit?

PS: I have had courier running for over a year, and only noticed this 
recently - so the relatively recent unpgrade to Apache 1.3.28 does seem 
to fit the symptoms....

Regards,
Patrick.

-- 
Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly.



-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to