Courier User writes:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 08:39:28AM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Courier User writes:

>[ ... ]
>
>I ran makealiases, and I even restarted Courier, but addresses of the
>following forms did not get recognized:
>
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  etc.
>
>What did I do wrong?

An aliasdir/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:com would only be in play for a literal address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

But what about this, taken from the dot-courier(5) man page?

       All  the  usual  aspects  of .courier deliveries apply. If
       there is no account that corresponds to the address <user-
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]>,         Courier         looks        for

In this example, example.com is a local domain, so the recipient address, in the following examples, is really "user-foo".

Local domains are removed from the recipient addresses prior to local delivery.