On 28/1-2004, at 9.43, Derrick T. Woolworth wrote:

Thomas,

If I understand what you're saying, you want to prevent spammers from
circumventing your filtering server, correct?

bingo!
What's happening is spam is still getting by the filter because they connect
directly to your mail server and not to the filter?

right, most recently the Mydoom worm ...

It would be best if you configure a firewall in front of your mail server to
allow incoming pop/imap traffic and deny traffic for incoming SMTP. Route all
mail through your filter, but turn off the filter for those domains that don't
want filtering. Your filter should allow that - if not, you don't have much of
a choice. You will probably need to move those domains to another machine.

Then the firewall would be responsible for only allowing SMTP connections from the filtering server to the "real" mailserver behind the firewall ?

/thomas

Quoting Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| Thomas von Hassel writes:
|
| > Ok, we have this setup now
| >
| > Internet ---> Filtering server (Running
| > postfix/spamassasin/uvscan/anomy) ---> Courier mailserver
| >
| > Is there a way to setup the courier server so it only accepts mail
| > coming from the filtering server, also this must be done on a domain
| > level, not all domains have their mail filtered.
|
| You can control where mail goes for a given domain by setting up your DNS MX
|
| records correctly.

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn _______________________________________________ courier-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

/thomas

--
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition No. 109