Markus Wernig writes:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:22:37 -0500
Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> diligently divulged:

The submit process is responsible for inserting a new message into the mail
queue.  submit gets invoked by sendmail, courieresmtpd, or the courierdsn
modules, as a child process.
[...]
Not that it's impossible to do this, but it is more than a trivial change or
an addition, and will require some non-trivial effort to do that in an
efficient manner.

Hello Sam and thank you for the thorough explanation.

Does submit then connect to the globalfilter (run_filter in submit2.C)? In

Yes, it's submit that talks to filters.

that case I would propose to implement a simple protocol on the socket
where submit waits for any additional information from the filter (as it
seems to be waiting for the smtp response code on a pipe) that it then
could insert into the memory structure it still has at hand. I suppose
this would be in cdfilters.C and submit2.C. Correct?

Well, it's not as easy as "insert"ing something into something else. The stuff in question is a hierarchical tree, that contains offsets, field contents, etcâ