Okay, I'm stymied.

I'm using IMAP delivery and userdb authentication. Using a a local
domain of the form <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -> <user>, it works. Because of
that, I've determined that authentication is working correctly on my
system. What aren't working for me are domains of the form
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. While my usual mail client
simply indicates that an "unknown disconnection" from the IMAP server
occurs when I give it my password, using Webmail gives a much more
informative message: 

ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"

I have a directory "/home/maildirs/localdomain.org/user" (not the real
names, of course), and I had put a Maildir in that directory. I also
listed the directory in my userdb file for both "home" and "mail" (and
yes, I ran ./makeuserdb, as well as webadmin to make the hosted
domains). 

What I'm thinking the problem is is that the permission of one of the
directories involved is wrong. Currently, I have the everything from
/home/maildirs on down (for all my domains and virtual users) set to
"courier", and the directories are all set to 755, as is usual for when
a directory is created. The virtual users were set to "courier" since
the users do not have any access to the machine except for their mail
accounts, hence they only have a userdb presence, not a passwd presence.

Am I on the right track, or am I missing something? Or do you need more
data to help?

Thanks,

David M. Stowell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by Shop4tech.com-Lowest price on Blank Media
100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R for only $33
Save 50% off Retail on Ink & Toner - Free Shipping and Free Gift.
http://www.shop4tech.com/z/Inkjet_Cartridges/9_108_r285
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to