Grzegorz Janoszka [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> > Oh my.  I recommend not using Debian Woody anymore, it's already
> > beyond ancient, as is version 0.37 of Courier.  Try using a more
> > recent version of Courier (and maybe Debian).  Debian/testing
> > contains Courier 0.47. This might solve at least your second problem.
>
> Debian Woody is very, very good and very stable (what is most
> important).

I have been running Debian/testing for over two years on various servers
without a problem.  Yes, I have had to do regular upgrades to fix security
issues, but that generally applies to Debian/stable as well.

> On www.backports.org you have debian woody packages of Courier,
> including latest versions.

True.  But running backports of current versions of major parts of your
daemon suite on Debian/stable defeats the purpose of running Debian/stable
in the first place.  Old software isn't inherently more stable.

> You do not have to install unstable software to use newer Courier.

Debian/testing isn't as unstable as you think it is.