Lloyd Zusman writes:

Is it possible when building courier-authlib to not have it do anything
at all with Berkeley db?  Before this component was split off from
courier, all I had to do is configure with "--with-db=gdbm", and
everything used to build fine.

But now, when I configure courier-authlib with "--with-db=gdbm", I get
errors in the bdb* routines because things like db_open cannot be found.

Is there any way to totally prevent any of this bdb* stuff from getting
built in the first place in courier-authlib?

What part of the build process is having a problem? --with-db=gdbm still works, and will end up building a GDBM-based authlib. The bdbobj directly will still be compiled, if DB is available, but not included in the final link.