Hi,

I found out some more stuff about my issue, but still no fix.

error is still:

checking for mysql_config... /usr/local/bin/mysql_config
checking for mysql_connect... no
checking for mysql_real_connect... no
configure: error: --with-authmysql specified but no mysqlclient.so

so I thought, maybe the MySQL beta doesn't have mysql_connect anymore or the
lib is broken or something. What I did then:

> strings /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.14.0.0 |grep connect
mysql_real_connect
mysql_manager_connect
my_connect
mysql_reconnect
[...]

Seems to be ok. MySQL itself is running, of course, and serving all my domains
with content. mysql client is installed.

I linked to the libs from other places, /usr/lib, /lib, but that didn't work
either.

Does anyone know what to do? Please help, it's quite urgent.

Regards,

Wiebke