Am 2005-03-15 18:43:44, schrieb Sam Varshavchik:

> Michelle Konzack writes:
>
> >Now, My mboxNN Server are in several countries and each has
> >some 100 up to some 1000 $USER.
> >
> >If I connect with mutt or telnet to <mx.freenet.de> via POP3 or
> >IMAP I see the redirection to the mboxNN.freenet.de.
> >
> >Where NN is a number between 01 and 60
>
> I see no evidence of this happening for POP3 or IMAP, only SMTP.

???  -  This Servers containing 50-75.000 $USER.

My Outgoing (SMTP) messages are is done via <mx.freenet.de>.

My Mailboxes (IMAP/POP3) are located on the <mboxNN.freenet.de> servers,
but I connect only to connect to <mx.freenet.de> which know, if I
connect to mailbox:

linux4michelle          is on   mbox47.freenet.de
dos4michelle            is on   mbox52.freenet.de
michelle.konzack        is on   mbox54.freenet.de
wfw4michelle            is on   mbox57.freenet.de
bsd4michelle            is on   mbox75.freenet.de

So it is quit clear, that you can not put 4.500.000 Mailboxes on ONE
Server and you have to split it on mbox-Servers...

OK, in one of my previous Messages I have written 60 mbox Servers, which
is not right, because there are more then 80 and they use Unix-UID!

What I want is to split my $USER by country...

> >Question:   Where can I find a HOWTO for this configuration ?
>
> There are many third party commercial load-balancing proxies that do
> these
> kinds of tricks.  Or, the current version of Courier-IMAP can do
> something
> similar in software only.  See the README.proxy file.

Curently not read, but I think, it is not what I want. I do not want
loadbalancing/mirroring of the whole system over a couple of Servers...

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi