Steven, you are correct, courier should work out of the box with auth pam. In my experience, woody (you didnt say which Debian) is missing a couple of config files and the permissions can be incorrect on others. The best way to spot these is to install the courierwebadmin package and configure it from there. ANy permission or file issues are displayed in the browser when the server tries to commit the new config. You will be up and running very quickly -Matt

STEVEN COCKAYNE writes:
Okay... Im using a Debian-based linux running the APT packages for Courier... I have the authdaemonrc file configured to use authpam, but Im not entirely sure how to configure PAM so that it will read my /etc/shadow file. I was told it did this by default using the APT packages, but mine doesnt seem to be working correctly. Could anyone give me a step-by-step on how to configure this? As a little bit of background, my employer is having me configure their new mail server because Im the only one with Linux experience... Im no admin (more of a power-user), but I learn pretty quick, and I can follow guides pretty easily. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. As stands, when I telnet to the imap2 port on the machine, courier responds, however all logins are rejected. Cyrus was working with SASL to authenticate, but I need Courier set up to allow me to use the previous mail (old server) on the new server. Any ideas? Thanks, Steven
-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games. How far can you shotput a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track? If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy. Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users




-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.  How far can you shotput
a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track?
If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy. Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to