I have 2 problems with the webmail component:

1) When the correct password is entered, it does not access the mail
box (I have included info for a sample account, for you to try it at
http://mail.anou.org/webmail)

2) It seems to accept system passwords - so the root password can be
brute forced. How do I fix this?

I have already attempted changing the permissions of the webadmin and
webmail binaries, but it does not seem to work. Please note that i am
using a virtual host.

Sample Account Details:

Username: sampler
Password: sampler