Hello Gordon,

Am 2006-02-21 16:06:00, schrieb Gordon Messmer:

> The documentation is slightly misleading.  The authpam module does use

Aha.  -  Maybe, but I have configured "libnss-pgsql"
and "libpam-pgsql1" as written in there documentation
and all is working fine, except courier.

This is the reason, why I have ased here.

> libc's getpwnam() function, and thereby gets info from sources
> configured in the nsswitch.conf file.

Hmmm...

> That should not be the case.  If "getent passwd <username" works on
> those systems, then Courier should function normally using the authpam
> module.  You should not need to sync the passwd file to those systems.

I will look in the Debian version of courier... maybe...

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi