Hello Sam,

Am 2006-02-21 18:30:28, schrieb Sam Varshavchik:

> libnss is an internal glibc library, used by glibc's getpw() and getgr()
> functions.  You specify which modules you want to resolve userids and
> groupids by setting up your nsswitch.conf correctly.

It is setup correctly like in the documentation described and it works
for local login, ssh and others.  Authentication works in courier too,
but there is the "nss" part missing.  This is, why I have aked here.

> If you set up nsswitch.conf to use pgsql, all applications, including
> authdaemon, should end up querying pgsql for all userid/groupid lookups.

This is theorie and praxis.

All other programs are working but curier...  :-/

I am fighting around with this thing since last year.

First I had a little bit different sructure of PostgreSQL database
and I was thinking, there is a problem with it and courier does
something I do not know.  After adoption the ORIGINAL documentation
of "libnss-pgsql" and "libpam-pgsql1" I have encountered the same
problem.

So, now I do not know what to do...

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi