On 01/20/2011 07:19 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Gordon Messmer writes:
>> Wouldn't the easiest fix be to use IPV6_V6ONLY mentioned in section
>> 5.3 of RFC 3493?
>
> No, that's something that's unrelated.

I really think they're the same thing.  The documentation for the
IPV6_V6ONLY sockopt indicates that this is a boolean value controlling
whether or not an AF_INET6 is V6ONLY or not.

The Linux man page for ipv6 further clarifies that
/proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only, which Debian has set to "1" specifies the
default value for IPV6_V6ONLY.

If Courier specifically sets IPV6_V6ONLY to int 0, it should override
Debian's behavior and allow the application to function normally:

       int on = 0;
       if (setsockopt(s, IPPROTO_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY,
                      (char *)&on, sizeof(on)) == -1)
           perror("setsockopt IPV6_V6ONLY");