Bernd Wurst writes:

Hi.

According to the distributed config file examples, Courier can handle
hostname-based SSL certificate choosing only with GnuTLS.

This technique (name SNI) was first supported by GnuTLS but in the mean time,
OpenSSL also has this feature.
I did a simple test with our courier (version 0.65.2) compiled with openSSL
and it seems like it does not work (while IP-based certificate selection
works).

Would it be possible to add this feature also with OpenSSL?

I'd have to look into how this gets implemented in OpenSSL. This requires specific coding to support it.