On Fri 20/Jan/2017 13:22:26 +0100 Michelle Konzack wrote:
> So my idea is, to use a script an rename all UNIX users by  a  construct
> like
>         user00001
>         user00002
>         user00003
>         etc
>
> and then use the /etc/courier/aliases/  directory  to  point  the  EMail
> adresses to the new user construct.

That is going to imply having all users change their userid/password settings
on each device they have, isn't it?

> Do you think, this is OK?

An advantage is that naive password crackers will never try "userNNNNN", so
using an alias may deliver a somewhat better protection, especially for users
who pigheadedly use the same password for each website they subscribe to.

Ale