Thanks Chris.

And James, to build on what you said, I might ask that folks specify
CITY and STATE when they post about a specific location. I am
American, so when I read "My Day Office is conveniently located at
Elliott & Broad across from the Spaghetti Factory and overlooks the
Olympic Sculpture Park," I admit that I didn't know that that was in
Seattle.

I also get a large number of emails every week sent to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] requesting that I add someone to the "event list".
(BarCamp is an alternative conference model for those of you
unfamiliar with the event.) Unfortunately, most people assume that I
know what even they're talking about, which invariably I don't.

So, given that, it'd be super useful if we were more explicit about
where *exactly* we were talking about. ;)

Thanks,

Chris in San Francisco


On 9/26/07, Christopher St John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> On 9/26/07, James Bentley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > One thing also that needs to be realized is I believe most readers can
> > determine for themselves what is Spam and what isn't.  One or two
> > times can be dismissed.  However, if this poster continues to do it,
> > then a mod can just filter their posting.
> >
>
> James,
>
> What you say sounds very reasonable. In practice it turns out not
> to work well, though. Spam attracts spam, and once even a small
> amount is allowed in unchallenged the signal to noise ratio drops
> off alarmingly.
>
> And that message _totally_ looked like spam, even if it didn't turn
> out to be quite as spammy as it appeared on first glance.
>
> I now return to lurking.
>
> -cks
>
> --
> Christopher St. John
> http://artofsystems.blogspot.com
>
> >
>


-- 
Chris Messina
Citizen Provocateur &
  Open Source Advocate-at-Large
Work: http://citizenagency.com
Blog: http://factoryjoe.com/blog
Cell: 412 225-1051
IM: factoryjoe
This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to