Hi folks -

Last week I attended a biz networking thingy to help talk up our soon-
to-launch coworking space, Group 88 (www.group88.us) in CT. I met
folks from a non-profit group called The Arc of Farmington Valley -
http://www.favarh.org. Their community of people with disabilities
help businesses coordinate large bulk mail projects. Because they are
non-profit, they get a big discount on bulk mail rates.

This is just a fantastic program. When I talked to the organizers I
found out that they often need space to conduct their projects so I
offered up our conference room to use when it's free. I'm sure we'll
have bulk mail projects down the road for them as well.

I bring it up in this group as a reminder that there are some really
great programs in your community that live under the radar. Reaching
out to community groups can be great for both sides - you could help a
group accomplish their goals and they might help your members in some
way.

Some of the best ways to learn about community groups is through your
local Chamber of Commerce, your library's business resource guy/gal or
lots of times the admin office of your town/city is the best place to
start.

If any other groups have had good experiences with community groups or
ideas to share - I'd love to hear 'em.

Suzi E
Ambassador, Group 88

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to