I've been lurking here for about a month now, and I'm really amazed at
how widespread coworking is, as well as how you are all so helpful to
each other.

I'm a freelance web and print designer in Torrance, CA. I've been full-
time freelancing for 2 years now, and I'm really starting to hate my
house. I started doing some research into coworking early 2008, based
on the amazing Chris Messina and Tara Hunt at Citizen Space. It seemed
like the perfect fit for me, but nobody was doing anything close by.

I'm also a husband and father. I walk my son to and from school about
4 days a week. It's a part of my freelancing I just can't imagine
living without. Which is why going to a place like Blankspaces in Los
Angeles just wouldn't work for me. I'm hoping that there are enough
people in similar situations locally that this can be viable.

To start, I knew I'd have to begin getting people together, so I met
Emma Alvarez Gibson on Twitter, and we started a geek/creatives meetup
in Torrance. It was a small turnout, but we all had a blast and agreed
to keep the momentum going. I'm starting to plan our next meet Mar. 9,
2009. This is also hard for me though, because I've never been the
kind of person to start social things. I'm pushing myself to look
outside my box and grow. (I reached out to a stranger at Starbucks
yesterday who said he had been hoping to find a local networking
thing. wow!)

I'm starting slow, hoping this will grow into something larger. I've
never run a business (besides my own freelancing) before, so I'm
planning on mining this community for help.

Thanks, and good to meet you all. :)

Kelly
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to