I guess that heavily depends on the country/state you live in. Here in germany
we actually have a bar in our space and our coworkers can just grab any drinks
they want (including beer) if they drop a € into a jar. i think in most places
there's also a big difference between offering alcohol to the public vs. to a
closed group (coworkers, office).

cheers,
alex

software development: http://upstre.am