This is an awesome idea.  One of our group's members just told me about his
idea for an art installation similar to this yesterday.  It would be a
literal interpretation of the 'what would happen if you dug a hole through
the Earth?' question, where you could look down a hole and see a monitor
with Skype and a video camera that was hooked up to another location around
the world with a parallel installation.

Suffice it to say, we'd be happy to participate.  Unfortunately, we don't
have a physical location here in Beijing yet, so it may be a few months
before we have the means to participate...  If you get this started, please
keep me updated so we can join in as soon as we are able to.

Thanks and good luck!

-Mike