Hi All,
I'm working on adding more metadata to coworkingregistry.org and one of
the things we identified was having rates information for various
membership levels. Now, I KNOW that each facility has different
membership levels that offer different levels of service, access, etc,
but for the purposes of standardization and communication, I'd like to
identify some common membership levels.
Currently, when I look at most spaces' web sites, I see the following
levels:
1) Drop-In - A one-day pass to work while the space is open, like a
9-5 Hotdesk member but for one day. (No storage.)
2) Hotdesk 9-5 - Access to a desk/chair/resources every day that
the space has open hours. No key. Bring your laptop, take it when you
leave. "Leave no trace" coworking, unless a project locker is provided.
3) Hotdesk 24/7 - Access to a desk/chair/resources as well as a
key/card/code so you can access the space whenever you want.
4) Permadesk - Your own established desk with whatever storage is
provided. Commonly you might leave a laptop or desktop computer at your
desk. Permadesk generally includes 24/7 access (key/card/code).
There are generally higher "tenant" or "anchor tenant" types of members,
but these are usually custom/contract relationships and not something
that needs advertising. It might be valuable to have a "Looking for
anchor tenant" option on coworkingregistry, but saying more than that is
probably not necessary.
So what does everyone think of these 4 general levels of membership?
Are these good names, or are there better names for these things? Do
these names translate well into other languages?
Remember that the exact offering will vary from space to space in terms
of the hours of availability, additional amenities, access to
meetup/conference room spaces, and so on. I dont propose that we try to
agree on those, or get spaces to change what they offer. What I'm
trying to establish is a few general/base levels of membership that we
can use to talk about membership across spaces in a general way. For
example, everyone generally knows what a day-pass or drop-in is. Does
this make sense?
See you in Austin,
--
-Jonathan Yankovich @tronathan
Community Advocate, Madison Coworking
Preferred contact:
1. skype: jonathanyankovich
2. twitter: tronathan
3. gtalk/email: [email protected]
4. phone: (608) 513 2012
more info: http://coworkingregistry.org
more info: http://madisoncoworking.com
please follow @tronathan @coworkregistry @coworkmadison
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.