- For the members who pay but rarely actually use the space, I left
them
alone on their old plans. No need to rock the boat there.

Excellent point. I have about 10 members who always pay but never use
the space. You're right--it doesn't make sense to raise their rates.

- I offered people the ability to pre-pay membership to lock in their
current rates for an extended period, which also helped us finance the
new
space.

Also enjoying this tidbit since a major reason for raising rates now
is that we're moving to a larger space next March and rent will
DEFINITELY be higher than what we pay now.

Thanks! Angel



On May 17, 11:05 am, Tony Bacigalupo <[email protected]> wrote:
> We dealt with this at NWC when we moved to our new bigger space in
> September. A few notes:
>
> - We didn't just raise prices on existing memberships; we created new
> memberships with different feature sets so they were clear upgrades. This
> made it easier for current members to want to make the transition. I highly
> recommend you tie increased prices to some new features if possible.
>
> - I offered people the ability to pre-pay membership to lock in their
> current rates for an extended period, which also helped us finance the new
> space.
>
> - For the members who pay but rarely actually use the space, I left them
> alone on their old plans. No need to rock the boat there.
>
> - As always, talk to your membership well in advance of the change, so they
> don't feel shocked by any sudden announcement. I know I don't need to tell
> you that, but it bears mentioning here.
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Angel Kwiatkowski
> <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Has anyone gone through a rate hike yet at your space? I've been
> > wanting/needing to raise Cohere's rates for some time but have yet to
> > pull the trigger. Any advice on timing and communicating the message
> > to the members? Was thinking of raising rates effective immediately on
> > the website for new members and keeping existing members at the
> > current levels for a period of 3 months (of course telling them that
> > rates are going up in 3 months).
>
> > Angel
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Coworking" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to