I have started taking a copy of a person's drivers license.  Last week two
shady types came in and I told them all I need is $$ and to make a copy of
their licenses....have not seen them again (but I am expecting a business
license in the mail in the near future!).

What is the best way to do a real background check?

Thx, Mike