Thanks for all of the help so far. I have a feeling we can make him pay the
broker fee if we are subject to an NNN lease. I'm wondering if such a lease
is bad, since it is a small property that doesn't share its space with
anyone. Doesn't it make it more transparent? I suppose it makes taxes more
difficult. I just spoke with a lawyer who made the whole process of signing
a commercial lease more terrifying. For example, certificate of occupancy
is very important since it is a garage-type space (the owner is a
plumber)... and we may have to get an architect to approve the space for
our purposes if the certificate does not qualify for our business code...
which I don't even know. It's a bit absurd how much NYC requires to open a
space.

-Cody