Hi Alex - great idea, I'm sure it could! Who wants to take a crack at it? Happy 
to share what I have. Cheers,

lars

On Feb 17, 2013, at 3:50 AM, [email protected] wrote:

>   Today's Topic Summary
> Group: http://groups.google.com/group/coworking/topics
> 
> New Coworker Welcome Packet [2 Updates]
> Coworking in Vermont: A Starter Guide [2 Updates]
>  New Coworker Welcome Packet
> Austin Storm <[email protected]> Feb 16 01:56PM -0800  
> 
> Something I've observed in our relatively new coworking space (almost a 
> year old!) is that many members originally join for pragmatic reasons - 
> treating it as office space. They realize the benefits of the community 
> over time, if at all. In fact, whether people make that transition is the 
> best indicator of whether people will be around for the long haul.
>  
> We're trying to find ways to personalize our signup process - to start 
> things off on the right foot and make signup feel less /transactional/ and 
> more welcoming and personal.
>  
> Do you have any special welcome process in your space? Membership card? 
> Does anyone do a 'welcome packet'? I think we could get local businesses 
> (coffeeshops, the pizza place, arthouse theater) to underwrite or even 
> donate gift certificates for something like that, but does that have the 
> wrong feel?
>  
> Austin Storm
> Brick & Mortar
>  
> elliott williams <[email protected]> Feb 16 07:19PM -0500  
> 
> we are starting to archive all information for our coworking space in
> a git repo here:
> https://github.com/catapultpgh/main
>  
> But an example of the direction we are going: "ask someone to put you
> on the calendar list to reserve the conference room"
>  
> What that means basically is that instead of me signing them up for
> the conference room calendar, or automating it, I'm creating a chance
> for a real human interaction with a functional context.
>  
>  
>  Coworking in Vermont: A Starter Guide
> lars hasselblad torres <[email protected]> Feb 16 09:36AM -0500  
> 
> Hi all,
>  
> I saw a few recent questions about data about the independent workforce along 
> with guidance to start coworking spaces. I've written a 30-page guide for 
> Vermont, where I think we've got a tremendous opportunity to draw on 
> coworking as a tool to support our growing independent workforce. I hope it 
> might be somewhat useful beyond our state as well. Have a look, I'd love your 
> feedback!
> http://local64.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/coworking_in_vermont_FINALa.pdf
>  
> And thank you again Alex for your early enthusiasm for this effort. Thanks!
>  
> lars
> ---
> Lars Hasselblad Torres
> local64.com | create + play + share
>  
> Snag our weekly newsletter here: http://ow.ly/gRyRo
>  
> @local64vt | 802-595-0605
>  
> Alex Hillman <[email protected]> Feb 16 10:32AM -0500  
> 
> +1 to this. 
>  
> Lars - I wonder if this could be turned into a "template" with a checklist of 
> blanks to fill in for a region looking to produce a similar report?
>  
> -Alex
>  
> --
> /ah
> indyhall.org
> coworking in philadelphia
>  
>  
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 
> coworking.
> You can post via email.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
> For more options, visit this group.
> 
> -- 
> Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Coworking" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>  
>  

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to