Tricky business for sure.  One factor I've been looking more and more at is
the motivations and intentions of the champions behind each community, or
said another way, why the space was started in the first place.  There are
many conversations that come up again and again that, with hindsight, I can
see are just a miss-match of intentions.  For example the "Open one space
or many spaces" conversation.  It's a perfectly reasonable motivation to
want to open multiple spaces and have a wide reach and impact.  I
personally started Office Nomads because I want a home and a community I
want to be a member of.  Understanding this helps me see why it doesn't
make sense for us to make a chain of Office Nomads, and also why it's a
waste of everyone's time to argue about this.  If we can find neutral
language to highlight distinctions like this it would go a long way to that
goal of finding like-minded spaces and filling our communities with happy
members.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500