We have been slowly switching to UniFi hardware and it has been stable and
I'm happy with he tech. I've been a fan of PFSense for a long time and have
helped a few spaces get set up with nice firewalls.  I buy refurbished
desktops on NewEgg for 1-200 and then grab a nice dual or quad Intel gbit
NIC for 2-300.

Jacob