Hi Kimberly,

I'm glad your question showed me a new way of pop-up coworking, via Alex's
lnk to the SF makerspace.  Where I live, north of Austin, there used to be
a jelly but it disbanded and we don't have a cowork space (yet.. someone is
working on theirs sooner than mine)  We don't have a good space either AND
I've tried coworking from a makerspace, too (TechShop) with no luck.  I've
had good success (if you call 8 ppl per cowork morning) at two local coffee
shops. Monday in one city, 9-12noon and Wednesday in another city, 9-12
noon. Regularly scheduled with a growing regular cast of characters.  I'm
considering 'renting' a table (to ensure we have space together) soon with
one location.  Another location tends to be busy, but I want to host at
least 1x month there, but they're not into renting a table (even if no one
comes but me.. work on that one).

It's really helped me get the word out and build a community.  This
community has been aided by posting the events on local FB community pages
(at least for my area).

I also started an online community, copied the Maui group, and it's helped
me grow a different community - one where they contribute ideas towards the
overall venture. https://www.facebook.com/groups/WilCoCoworkingConnection/
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/WilCoCoworkingConnection/>

Good luck!