Got it!

So - it's a real challenge to tell people what something is that they've
never seen before. When you lead by talking about shared space, no matter
how much you talk about community people are going to think about what they
know related to offices. It's like that thing where I tell you DONT THINK
OF A PINK ELEPHANT and you can't help think of a pink elephant :)

Even in 2016, most people in most places have never heard of Coworking:
http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2014/10/what-to-do-when-people-dont-understand-coworking/
Meanwhile, before you have a community, it's hard to point to a community
that's GOING to exist...because it doesn't exist yet.

So the best starting point is to talk about the problem.

The question you need to ask is, when people can work from anywhere, why
wouldn't they just work from home in their underwear for free?

The answer, of course, is loneliness. Feeling isolated and disconnected.

Describing what a Coworking space IS is kind of like describing what a
restaurant is to someone whose never seen one. Why would I pay for someone
else to make me a meal when I have a kitchen at home?

So talk about what it's like to be lonely and isolated. Tell your own
story. Learn other peoples' stories and tell theirs or encourage them to
tell them on their own. In every interaction, find ways to highlight that
loneliness, and then remind people that the easiest way to fix that is to
come together.

And then help make it easy for THOSE people to come together. Do that
before you start looking for space. Go to events together. Host your own
events together. Work together. Play together.

And then when people realize that being together is SO MUCH BETTER than
being alone...a membership to a place where they can come together anytime
they want starts to make a lot more sense.

But understanding who these people are, and how they feel isolated, is
really the key to starting the right conversations.

Good luck - give it a try and let us know how it goes :)

-Alex