We use Nexudus coworking management software and have built a homebrew tap
in/out system using a couple of cheap 10" wall mounted monitors, stick PCs
and proximity touch pads that reads our access passes, connected to Nexudus
via their check in software.

It works, just.  We have a ton of problems with people not checking in or
out properly, partly because Nexudus doesn't store any credentials locally
so there can be a delay in accepting a checkin/out, which confused people
so they try again.

We want to try Kisi, but despite their absolute relentless email
spamming/marketing, when I actually replied back to them saying we'd like
to give it a go, they've ignored my email!