Hi, I love the concept of a coworking space surrounded by nature! I think
the path will be easier in a more densely  populated place *however* we
have a microcosm of urban vs "rural" in Fort Collins I can use as an
example.

All but 2 of our 9 coworking spaces are located in our downtown core. The
other 2 are located smack dab in midtown and the other in a heavily
populated/retail corridor. We are all doing well.

We have a few tech campuses (think HP, DELL, etc. not coworking spaces)
that are located on the outskirts of town. There are no restaurants or
coffee shops within easy walking distance. What these companies have done
to help their employees is to provide ample outdoor and shaded areas to
eat/work and they provide on-site bicycles. I've seen packs of their
employees out over the lunch hour taking bike rides together. The lesson
is: provide ways for people to get outside *together*.

Here's my free download on the first steps to building
community. http://coherecommunity.com/shop/community-building-first-steps

Angel