Oh I left out a super crucial part: talking to the community about it before it
happens.

I've never presented growth as an inevitably to our community. Only as an
option. At each expansion this has led to a great conversation about what's
going well and what isn't; what we want to get better at and do more of, and
what we need to improve. Concerns about the expansion itself. Pros and cons
from their point of view.

It's not a vote or consensus, it's taking the pulse. I still make the decision
but it's the most informed decision I can make, and I can make adjustments to
our plans based on what I know people are excited about...as well as worried
about.

As always: do things with people instead of for them, and everything gets
10000x easier.

Alex