We have members who are quite loud in our main flexible seating coworking
room (roughly 13 x 35 feet with seating for 16).  One member laughs so
loudly it can be heard from other rooms and greets people with a loud
"Hey!".  Another with a loud voice strikes up a conversation with almost
everyone he comes into contact with.  We have tried without success to get
these noisy members to quiet down, but have stopped short of asking them to
leave because many members like them and engage with them on a regular
basis. And they are not the only ones - just the most frequent offenders.
Members have extended conversations in close proximity to others and
sometimes nearly the whole room erupts in lively conversation. In so many
ways, this is a good thing. But it's also not so good. The loud people are
being really inconsiderate to those who are trying to work (and they are
violating our "playground rules", rules everyone agreed to). Yes ... there
are headphones and people use them, but some leave the room or even go home
because they can't stay focused. I'm certain we've lost existing or
potential members because of this. We've brought the matter up to our
members and most don't want anything to change, but some really do.  We
think one of the problems is that we don't have a separate space where
people can freely talk. They've become friends and they want to talk to
each other, so they've turned our main coworking space into also their
social space. We're looking for a larger space and will use these
observations in choosing a new space, but a larger space isn't guaranteed.
We may have to stay where we are.

Has anyone else had this situation and, if so, what did you do?