5 years of doing CMRA mail service for us. Talking to the post office and
our mail carriers (they seem to change carriers pretty often) was a big
help for us. The understanding they have now, and that works for us, is
anything with our street address gets delivered to us. Period. It's up to
us as a CMRA to sort and distribute the mail, or to reject it and give it
back to the post office with the appropriate rejection wording on it.

As far as the form to get listed as a CMRA, when we started doing this the
postmaster knew nothing about it, checked with a larger office, and then
took the form. I have a copy of it in my files, but nothing else. Now a few
years later we have a new postmaster and she is a stickler for the 1583
forms being filled out correctly. So I figure the safest path is to follow
their rules in case a new postmaster ever decides to audit us. If they want
to be lax with adherence to their own rules, good for them - it's their
rules, they can do that. But if I do it, they have a reason to shut me down
if the boss is having a bad day. It's not worth the risk.

Every member gets a PMB# as that gives them a unique address. It helps to
keep the businesses separate not only for Google Business and SEO reasons,
but also in the event anything questionable (or even just unusual) happens
with one of them. For example, we have a few lawyers here and have had
court officers do the "you've been served" thing you see on TV. (In case
you're ever wondered, that's what box #5 on the PS-1583 form is about.
Restricted delivery is when mail is physically delivered to the addressee
or an authorized agent).

Having to submit the quarterly updates to the post office only takes a few
minutes, and if you ask your postmaster in advance who the forms should go
to, you can mark it to their attention on a post-it when you hand it to the
front counter staff. It saves a lot of confusion as they've never seen
these forms, but they understand "Please give this report to Harry Smith."

*Glen Ferguson*
Phone: 301-732-5165
Email: g...@coworkfrederick.com
Website: https://www.coworkfrederick.com
Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701