On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:18:53PM +0100, Peter Flanigan wrote:
> I have these three NAs;
>   http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/1811561
>   http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/1811557
>   http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/1811555
>
> which do not appear to offer an explanation.

Looks like the NA is being generated because of this in Makefile.PL:
  my $found = 0;
  for (@INC) { if (-f catfile( $_, q(version.pm) )) { $found = 1; last } }
  exit 0 unless ($found);

which is a rather odd way of checking for version.pm's presence,
especially considering that you then list it in PREREQ_PM.  But in any
case, the NA report is legitimate, as (if I'm right about where it's
coming from :-) your code isn't intended to run on that platform.

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
>       FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Where did you get that address from?  Here
<http://perl.grango.org/cpanmail.html> is the tool to convert from an
NNTP id to an email address.

> So I'd like to put
>   exit 0 if ($ENV{AUTOMATED_TESTING} =~ m{ \A chris \z }imx);
> in the Makefile.PL for this module ...
>
> What would you suggest?

Well, that would include *any* tester called chris, not just
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  If we were to do that, it should at least be the whole
of the email address used for sending reports.

Anyone willing to give up a little fun for tolerance deserves neither