On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 01:30:45PM +1000, sisyph...@optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Uploading 0.54_03 has revealed that the problem in detecting the
> pre-requisites does, in fact, pertain to *my* release.
>
> Reini’s 0.54_02 doesn’t suffer these failures – so let’s do a diff on his
> Makefile.PL files (0.54_02) versus mine (0.54_03).
> Diffs are attached.
>
> The C/Makefile.PL difference pertains only to whitespace inside a print()
> statement ... surely nothing there that could have an effect.

correct.

> And the top level Makefile.PL difference is:

This prompted me to go look at your distribution:

https://metacpan.org/release/SISYPHUS/Inline-0.54_03

I notice there's no META.yml file, so static analysis can't
detect any prereqs. This doesn't affect (most) installations, but it hurts
sites like metacpan from informing the user what the prereqs are.

Note that rurban's release *did* contain a META.yml and META.json. If you do a
diff of the full distribution actually uploaded, vs. what's in the
repository, this becomes apparent:

https://metacpan.org/diff/file?target=RURBAN/Inline-0.54_02/&source=SISYPHUS/Inline-0.54_03/