Hello,

        I’ve noticed that SpamAssassin flags CPAN Testers emails as spam. The
last one I got had these headers attached:

-----
 has identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original
 message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
 root\@localhost for details.
 Content preview:  Dear Felipe Gasper, Please find below the latest reports for
    your distributions, generated by CPAN Testers, from the last 24 hours. To
    change your preferences, or disable notifications, please visit the CPAN
   Testers Preferences system at https://prefs.cpantesters.org.
  pts rule name              description
  1.0 BAYES_999              BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]
  5.0 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
                             [score: 1.0000]
  3.3 EXCUSE_REMOVE          BODY: Talks about how to be removed from mailings
  0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
                             blocked.  See

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
                              for more information.
                             [URIs: fastly.com]
 -0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
  0.2 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level
                             mail domains are different
  0.9 PP_MIME_FAKE_ASCII_TEXT BODY: MIME text/plain claims to be ASCII
                              but isn't
 -0.0 T_SCC_BODY_TEXT_LINE   No description available.
Subject:  ***SPAM***  CPAN Testers Daily Summary Report
-----

It looks like there’s a UTF-8 “♥” in the email; that’s probably where the
PP_MIME_FAKE_ASCII_TEXT comes from.

For EXCUSE_REMOVE, the body apparently needs to match this pattern: /to be
removed from.{0,20}(?:mailings|offers)/i

I’m not sure about the Bayes score, but the character encoding and
HTML-in-plain-text (“ ”) might be related?

Is there something I could do to help with this?

Thanks!

cheers,
-Felipe Gasper