On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>
> > others can read & write our formats.  All of our major formats, and most
> of
> > our minor ones, are documented in this fashion - SWF, IDML, Mars/PDFXML,
> > XMP, PSD, etc.
>
> Excuse me, are you saying that specification for the current PSD
> version is actually available to anyone who hasn't signed NDA or the
> like?

The problem with PSD, at this time, is that it is distributed as part of the
Photoshop SDK.  The SDK includes OTHER material that requires NDA, so folks
who just want the PSD format docs end up in an unfortunate situation.  I
continue to work on separating them out - though, as John Nack said in his
blog, we really don't want folks using PSD for interchange...

Leonard