Hello

(let's keep ginger, our other local in the loop and/or should we discuss this
on CREATE?)

    I think better then to keep in lock-step about that plan. For the
    talks, we know about it, shorter time means higher quality...and in
    the end, its a bit of ballot box stuffing on getting talks...one thing
    that would be really nice is to make cuts on talks too! and/or
    recommendation for updates on other talks...at some point, just
    accepting everything allows noise.

2011 will be the raise of the panels ! :) (so less noise !!!!)

Less talks, more meetings and scheduled team and among teams meetings
too. That way, we really meet !

Not sure about needing less talks, but in favour of having a few well-prepared,
moderated panels :-)

Yesterday when we talked I put the idea of having a design contest for
LGM. We'd open it soon, close it about 2-3 weeks before LGM starts, pick
the best 15 projects (we would ask people to use any open source tool
and produce a printable poster of 24“ X 36“ that I would print at my
office). The pick for those 15 would be made by the people voting and
then for the last call, to determine the winner out of the 15
semi-finalists we could have a jury (?) made of (?) professionals,
teachers (tbd) and then we have a winner and possibly a prize (?) — a
Linux box filled with the software ? Thinking out loud... Those posters
would be all over the place in Galerie Rolland at Polytechnique so we'd
own the place graphically ! :)

Louis, have a look at the titanpad/notes on wiki -- we described a possible
scenario: ginger and me talked extensively about your offer to print posters
and we felt it is a great idea. We both prefer to rather invite people to make
posters available as free content (including sources!) and than have a
discussion about them @ LGM (not a contest), to pick a few for printing and to
feature others in Libre Graphics Magazine. Maybe re-discuss with ginger next
week; we're ready to organise it and make it interesting for different types of
participants.

     > Femke : closing the call for talks ~3 weeks before LGM sounds
    reasonable ?
     > Friday April 22?

ok, great!