On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Felipe Sanches <j...@members.fsf.org> wrote:

> There has been indeed an unofficial "LGM Brazil" something like 10 years
> ago.

That kind of touches on another thing; in the long term, it'd probably be
best if we found ways to come up with "related but not identical" names for
the events. You don't want confusion, where somebody is afraid they missed
LGM.

I seem to recall somebody did one (at linux.conf.au or something?) a while
back that they called "Libre Graphics Day." Or maybe it was FOSDEM....
Anyway, it sounded related but was clear about being it's own thing.

Last year at Texas Linux Fest, we did a "Libre Graphics Track." That is
also something I think it'd be great if we did more of: tried to work with
local community conferences to put tracks together.

But I'm procrastinating from work; I'll stop now....

Nate

>> On 8/9/17 11:28, Felipe Sanches wrote:
>>
>> By the way... Couldn't they perhaps be interested in hosting a future LGM
>> ?
>>
>> Yes, that's one thing I thought about when I posted the link here. If
>> there is a strong LGM base in Mar Del Plata, Argentina, we should
>> definitely git in touch with them to open this possibility.
>>
>> The second thing that I thought following this news/name-coincidence is
>> that there could be "local chapters" of LGM that meet on a more regular
>> base.
>>
>> Julien

nathan.p.willis
nwil...@glyphography.com <http://identi.ca/n8>